Monday 11 April 2011

Today I'm a hero

The weather is gorgeous today, and so I let my girls play out on the deck with no jackets on.  Chasadya wanted to play with a ball, and chose a beach ball.  Knowing the likelihood of it going over the edge into the unfinished, muddy yard, I issued a warning that she be careful, as I didn't want to retrieve it for her.  We didn't finish the deck last fall, as we are wanting to put in sod this spring, so we have it completely closed off with no stairs.  I wasn't very surprised when she came in to tell me that it had gone over the side, but being in no mood to get muddy, I figured it could stay there a while.  A short time later, the girls came in again and said they couldn't see it under the deck anywhere.  I looked up and saw it quite a distance away in the pasture behind our house.  Realizing that it was on its way to being lost forever, I told the girls I would get it after all.  So I donned on my rubber boots, crawled through the fence, and waded through the mud in the pasture, saying hi to one of my neighbors outside.  The girls watched me  the whole time, and when they saw the ball in my hands, started cheering for me.  Although slightly embarrassed, it was neat to hear that I had done an amazing thing.  Although it doesn't take much effort to rescue a lost ball, to them I was a hero.

2 comments:

  1. You are a hero Rhonda! Enjoy the praise from the girls as a word of encouragement coming directly from your Heavenly Father....soo precious how His words of blessing come from the mouth of your beautiful girls!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete