Saturday 16 April 2011

A lesson about busyness

Its been a crazy busy week for me and thus for the girls.  Its interesting how that affects the girls.  Just a rundown so you know what it was like here this week: starting last Friday and Saturday we were gone over night to the States, getting back late Saturday night.  Sunday we were at church, but chose to spend the rest of the day at home.  Monday morning we went to S  for chiropracter appmts and in the afternoon I was supposed to have a meeting with someone here in B, and decided it was beautiful enough to bike.  I was home that evening, but Stan was not.  Tuesday, the girls and I went to visit friends, and ended up staying in town into the afternoon.  I headed out in the evening.  Wednesday, my birthday I spent at home, but kept very busy cleaning house for Bible Study that night.  The girls went down the street for a play date, which allowed me to wash the floors without their "help".  The girls wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for a sleepover rather than stay here while we had Bible Study, so I quickly dropped them off before everyone came for potluck supper.  Thursday I picked the girls up and headed to prayer group in the morning.  After that I dropped them off at another friend's place and headed into the city for an appointment, as well as squeezing in a bit of shopping.  The appointment went late, so I rushed back to get the girls, bring them home, and almost immediately leave for band practice.  Friday, back to town for another chiropracter appointment, and a bit of gorcery shopping.  The girls were home the entire day.  Stan had company in the evening.  Today the girls and I are home all day, but Stan is gone to a seminar.  And tomarrow we have the band coming for lunch, which I am not preparing, but  still need to tidy a bit for.  So Stan and I have seen very little of each other, and the girls were doing something almost every day.  Did we notice an affect on them.  YES! Especially Mikaela.  We noticed that she cried very easily, with the sipmlest of things, and had a harder time obeying(although that is also just age and a phase, we hope).  On Friday when she was home all day with Stan and then me in the afternoon, she was much more relaxed.  In fact, she woke up happy from her nap, which is rare.  And today I have a happy girl.  Chasadya seems to do much better with the busyness, but she always has.  A lesson learned, but sometimes there's just no helping it.  I am really enjoying the time at home myself, and that leads to a happier household.  After all, 'If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy'!

No comments:

Post a Comment