Sunday 10 April 2011

Security "Blankets"

So we went away for the night for my birthday, which we all enjoyed(well, Stan not so much all the shopping!).  But its always interesting putting the girls to bed in the same room, and here we were, trying to get them to sleep in the same bed yet.  Chasadya was not excited about this prospect at all, but we told her that the other option was to sleep on the floor, which she didn't want to do of course.  At first we tried to get them to sleep at the same time, with me lying between them and that was definately not working.  So Stan took Mikaela to the other bed, with our plan to move her once they were both asleep.  Chasadya cuddled right into me and was asleep within minutes.  I then moved to the other bed to cuddle Mikaela and encourage her to sleep.  She had been quite active, moving about, but when I came she also just curled right into me, and again, within minutes was asleep.  While I was holding Mikaela I realized how much of a difference it made for me to be there with them. A new room, a new bed, and a new experience were not a big deal with me there.  It seemed significant to me how easily they relaxed and were able to fall asleep once I was there to give them security.  What an awesome thing to have two little girls receive so much security and comfort just by me being there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment