Wednesday 6 April 2011

Priceless

My kids make me smile so much.  As I type this, my oldest daughter, Chasadya, who's almost 5, is in her room for quiet time, coloring and singing a made up song to God.  She is so creative.  And the things that come out in her singing are things we have taught her.  Like, "You don't like it when we're bad, You like it when we're good, I love you my God, You are my only God".  It just makes my heart smile, to hear her sing about things that she notices.  Its like her thoughts just come out in a song.  And there's no censoring done either.  There's somthing so incredibly innocent and special about it all. 
    Earlier today, Mikaela, my almost 3 year old, also made me chuckle.  She came upstairs while the rest of us were downstairs, and decided to help herself to snack.  I could hear her moving things around a bit, but didn't come to investigate until I heard things spill.  Thinking she had got into some M&Ms, I rushed up to see what mess she was making.  Sure enough, she had got into a snack, but not what I thought.  She had pushed a chair or stool to the pantry, climbed up and got the container of chocolate chips out, filled a small bowl full and was on her downstairs, when she spilled them.  When I got up here she says to me "too much, I have too much"! I agreed with her and helped her put some back into the container, which at first she did willingly, but her idea of too much and my idea of too much were not quite the same! 
   Just a few things today that make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment